How to Cook Sabzi Polow
“Sabzi Polow” is a delicious, healthy dish of rice and fresh herbs & vegetables. Sabzi Polow is usually served with Fish.
Ingredients- Basmati rice - 3 cups - 4 cups of water
- 1 bag of Seven & Half Mixed Herbs
- Vegetable Oil - 1/3 cup
- Stock or water - 5 cups
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- Touch of Saffron dissolved with water
1. Soak rice in water for 1- 6 hr; then drain, rinse, and add to a stockpot.
2. Fill the stockpot with water and salt, bring to a boil over High heat, then reduce heat to Medium for 8 minutes until the rice softens. Drain the rice and set aside.
3. In the stockpot, add the 2 tbsp oil and some water; scoop 1/3 of the rice into the pot; cover with 1/3 of Mixed Herbs. Repeat until all rice and Mixed Herbs are used. Pour melted butter and dissolved saffron over; cover with wrapped lid in a kitchen towel; cook on Medium-high heat for 5 minutes, then reduce heat to Low for 40 minutes. Uncover and carefully stir together. Serve with fish..