How to Cook Kuku
“Kuku Sabzi is an egg based vegetarian Persian frittata type dish which is absolutely beyond fresh and flavourful. It is easy to make, cut into wedges, and served hot, warm, or cold with a generous dollop of yogurt or tzatziki on top as sauce. … it’s good. Just make it."
Ingredients:- 4 large eggs
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or garlic powder
- 1 bag of Seven & Half mixed herbs (Kuku Sabzi)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Touch of freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable Oil (Coconut or olive oil)
- 1-2 Tablespoon chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon dried barberries or cranberries (optional)
1. Whisk 4 eggs with baking powder and flour, salt & pepper (toasted walnuts, and Barberries also can be added). Add Seven & Half Mixed Herbs to the eggs, mix well until all nicely incorporated.
2. Warm up a non-stick pan with some oil. Place and flat the egg and herbs mixture in the pan, cover and cook on medium-low for about 20 minutes. Cut the kuku into four or 6 wedges and carefully flip each piece. Cover and cook for another 20 minutes or until kuku is cooked and fried through.